Do you have a lot of heavy items to carry around regularly? If so, you may want to consider investing in a cargo electric bike. These bikes have three wheels and are powered by electricity, making them perfect for carrying large loads. They are also environmentally friendly and easy to operate.
We picked out three of the best three-wheeled cargo e-bikes for you in this post. So let's check them out, so you can pick the best bike for your daily needs.
The Top Three-Wheeled Cargo E-Bikes
Do you go to the farmer's market daily? Are you the one in charge of buying groceries? Do you always run errands? Going back and forth carrying heavy loads can be frustrating, especially when moving across town. Folding electric bikes for adults may not be enough when carrying large capacities. If you’re finding your errands difficult, a cargo bike may help you move around town with ease. Here are our top picks for cargo e-bikes.
Viribus 250w Three-Wheeled Electric Cruiser Bike for Adults
This bike is great for your everyday errands in any weather condition. It's durable, it can carry heavy loads, and you can ride it easily—even on rugged roads. With its 250W motor, you'll easily transport your goods around town in no time.
- The Viribus Electric Cruiser Bike's frame is made from carbon steel, which is often used for premium mountain bikes. Carbon steel frames are known for their durability and lightweight features. You won't have difficulty transporting large loads with this bike because the frame's weight won't add to the weight of your goods.
- The bike has a wide and cushioned bike seat for superior comfort. In addition, the handlebars have a laid-back swept design so you can comfortably position your arms, decreasing the stress it receives so you can ride for a longer period of time.
- The 250W motor can give you top speeds up to 16 miles per hour. The bike has a 36V, 10Ah battery that can run up to 32 miles in one full charge. The bike also features an LCD screen that shows the battery percentage so you can monitor your cycling performance.
- You can ride the bike in three ways: First, in pedal-assist mode to help you with your pedaling power. Second, in manual mode when you want to conserve battery and get some exercise, and lastly, in throttle-only mode, when you want to go faster without pedaling.
- The product is big, so the manufacturer ships it in two parts. As a result, there's a possibility that you will receive them separately, and other parts may be delayed for a few days.
- The bike does not come pre-assembled. Instead, you have to build the bike yourself. If you don't know how to, you might need to bring it to a specialist and pay extra for assembly.
CULVER 500W Electric Fat Tire Cargo Bike
This ride is for the big boys. The bike has a strong motor for faster speeds and has fat tires that can conquer any road. It also comes with a front and rear basket so you can bring more items on your rides, reducing your trips going back and forth.
- The CULVER e-bike boasts 7-speed gears that help you with speed and customizing your pedal power. It also comes with powerful hydraulic disc brakes for superior stopping power.
- The bike's seat has a backrest so you can lean backward comfortably when your body feels tired in the middle of the ride. In addition, the bike's 500W motor can go as fast as 20 miles per hour.
- The CULVER e-bike has an aluminum frame and weighs approximately 70 pounds. The bike is designed to carry heavy capacity and loads up to 400 pounds. Its 48V battery can reach a maximum distance of 35 miles in one charge.
- The fat tires are excellent for your outdoor adventures. The tires lessen the vibrations you receive on rough roads, and you can ride it on soft ground with ease. Bringing on the sandy ridges or muddy paths are easy for this bike.
- You can have the bike assembled by a professional, but it will cost you another $125. Additionally, the bike is a rather big investment, with its price point of $2,599.
Addmotor 750W Motan Electric Tricycle
This heavy-duty bike is designed for big loads and big riders. You'll never go back to foldable electric bikes for adults when you ride this bike. With its powerful motor and overall functionality, this bike is everything you need for moving around town running errands.
- The bike can fit riders between 5'6" to 6'6". Its cargo load can carry 350 pounds, and when you purchase this bike, you will receive a free rear bag. The bag is compatible with your rear basket if you want to transport your things more securely.
- The bike has a 750W powerful motor, giving a maximum speed of up to 22 miles per hour. It also boasts a removable Panasonic battery, which can be fully charged in just four hours. This makes it convenient for charging indoors and in small spaces; simply detach the battery from the main bike frame.
- The Addmotor Motan Electric Tricycle is made from a 7075 aluminum steel frame which is extremely durable. It also has a front fork suspension to aid in a smoother ride.
- The bike comes with a front light so you can navigate in the dark and a honk to warn people in your way. In addition, the front wheel comes with a fender to protect you from splashbacks, especially during the rainy season.
- Each component of this bike is premium and high quality and can compete with high-end mountain bikes. The build is also of superior quality. However, if there's one thing that will stop you from buying this bike, it's the price. The bike costs $3,000, and you’ll need to pay additional fees to have it assembled by a bike expert.
Advantages of Having a Cargo Bike
Many people go for folding bikes or standard mountain bikes for transportation. Cargo bikes are often overlooked, but they have certain advantages you can enjoy.
- A cargo bike is versatile. You can use it for personal errands. You can use it for delivery services. You can even take it to mountain trails with all your camping material at your rear. Cargo bikes can carry loads of up to 400 pounds, so you can bring almost anything with you.
- It's a great alternative for gas-powered vehicles. It's not only good for the environment but also saves you money in the long run. The bike doesn't need gas or anything special to run. Just pedal, and you'll be on your way across town.
- Cargo bikes are easier to ride than standard bikes. Since many cargo bikes come with three wheels, even individuals who don’t know how to balance on a two-wheeled bicycle can ride them.
If you're looking for style and functionality, investing in a cargo bike is a wise choice. We hope these three cargo electric bikes for adults can help you decide on your next mode of transportation. Do you need more information on bikes? See our other articles for reviews and buying guides to help you with your next purchase.