Do you want a better riding experience but are hesitant to part with your old bike? We get it. It's not easy to let go of things that hold some sentimental value. However, you can't keep the same bike forever, settle for less, and risk your safety on the road.
Worry not! We have a fantastic solution for you: an electric bicycle conversion kit. It's a set of smart tools you can use to upgrade your old, regular bike into a kickass e-bike! The Ebikeling 48V 1200W Electric Bike Conversion Kit, in particular, is an excellent choice if you want a great riding experience without tossing out your favorite bike.
You might wonder why we recommend this kit despite its strong competitor brands. It's because it offers something that makes it stand out from the crowd: customization. Read more about that in our full review!
Customize Your Experience with the Ebikeling Electric Bicycle Conversion Kit
Ebikeling is popular for its budget-friendly bike conversion kits. The brand incorporates bike technologies that give you a more pleasant and faster riding experience without sacrificing quality.
So if you're looking for a speed upgrade with custom opportunities, the Ebikeling 48V 1200W Bicycle Electric Conversion Kit will be a good choice.
Who Is This Kit For?
First, you need to know if this will be a suitable kit for you. Most users that benefit from this conversion kit are experienced in e-bike conversions. If you take a quick look at the package inclusions, this kit mainly provides the skeleton of conversions. The rest, however, are optional add-ons.
Unfortunately, it may be difficult for those who don't know much about kits. In that case, you're better off with a complete electric bike kit. That said, some novices appreciate the challenge of having the fundamental gear and deciding what else they want to add. It can be your way of learning the ropes of bike conversion.
Ebikeling E-Bike Conversion Kit Specs and Uses
Now, let's enumerate the features of this Ebikeling kit and their advantages.
1200W Motor for Superior Performance on Hills
Speed is one of the reasons you should get an Ebikeling conversion kit, especially if you plan to climb hills. Once you attach the 1200W rear hub motor wheel to the bike, you can reach speeds past 20 mph! This is perfect for powering up on hills, giving you high-speed and breezy rides.
A Basic Kit to Start With
This Ebikeling electric bicycle kit includes fundamental tools and components you need to get started on your bike conversion. It includes a wheel hub motor, LCD, controller, brake levers, throttle, cable ties, a torque arm, and a pedal assist system (PAS).
Aluminum Rims for Improved Longevity
The components of this kit, such as the double-walled rims, are made of aluminum. It's lightweight and durable, albeit not stronger than steel. But aside from the material, the double wall system of the rims also improves the bike's performance. It's stronger and more supportive when you ride off-road and will less likely damage the wheel.
A 30-35 Nm Motor Torque for Better Acceleration
The electric motor installed in this kit can provide up to 35 Newton meters (Nm) of torque. That's an all-purpose range to drill and drive medium-sized bike screws, providing your ride with more acceleration power.
A Waterproof Bike Conversion Kit
You don't have to worry about the new parts of your bike breaking down in bad weather. The Ebikeling electric bike conversion kit is waterproof, so it's suitable for almost any weather condition. This also adds durability to the components; rest easy knowing you can rely on this upgrade for a long time.
What We Like
Here's what we like about the kit that you might also fancy.
- It's a good conversion kit for an affordable price.
- It’s a highly customizable kit. You can choose your preferred tires, battery, LCD, or other add-ons you can think of.
- It offers great loads of torque and speed power, good enough to give you a fast and seamless ride on the road.
- There are six online manuals you can refer to for installation guides.
What We Don't Like
Meanwhile, here are things about the bike kit that we think will need some improvement.
- It doesn't include a battery and tire.
- The motor isn't very quiet.
- It's not beginner-friendly because of the lack of components and customizable features.
- While it is notably durable and powerful, it doesn't compare to more expensive alternatives.
Bike Choices: A Conversion Kit or a New Bike?
Still unsure whether you'd convert your normal bike or get a new one? Don't worry; this section of the article will help you evaluate important factors and make your final decision. Let's pedal into it!
When to Upgrade Your Existing Bike
- Your bike is still in good shape; the frame is sturdy, and the brakes have good stopping power. Plus, the gears shift smoothly, and the handlebars and saddle feel comfortable.
- Your bike has a special requirement (e.g., customized components or unique bike type) that is hard to find in local stores.
- You're seeking a cheaper option for a better riding experience.
- You don't want to experience the hassle of learning the ins and outs of a new bike.
- You want to restore your old bike on some days.
When to Get a New E-Bike
- A heavier converted bike makes you feel uncomfortable.
- You don't want to encounter problems such as tire deflation, incorrect wheel sizing, and incompatible parts.
- You're not interested in learning how to use conversion kits.
- You're willing to spend more for a brand new e-bike.
- You don't mind taking some time to adapt to a new one.
Choosing a Good Bike Conversion Kit
Finally, we've reached the last part of this electric bike conversion kit review. Here are some things you need to remember when choosing a conversion kit.
1. Bike Part Dimensions
The last thing you want is a kit that's too big or small to fit your bike. So learn to take notes about the bike's dimensions. For instance, get the width of the front fork, the rear frame stays, battery size, rim, and wheel diameter.
2. Type of Component
At some point, you have to be knowledgeable enough to find the right features for your bike conversion. For example, what type of motor and e-bike controls can meet your specific riding needs? What electric bike battery power can provide you with your desired range?
3. Customer Support and Warranty
No matter how reputable a brand is, you never know when things can go wrong. That is when you can ask for the manufacturer's assistance. If you need to inquire or request a part replacement, find out whether they have a phone number or an email address and check their accessibility.
The electric bike market is booming, and many new brands are trying to enter the scene. It will be best if you can do your research about them before getting a conversion kit. Ebikeling, for instance, is a reputable and popular brand; still, it's not the best for everyone. Some unknown businesses may also have wonderful things to offer, so keep your eyes open!
Of course, you have to consider your budget when choosing an e-bike conversion kit. Generally, they're cheaper than a brand new e-bike. However, there's still a wide range of prices to choose from; you can get something for as low as $300 or as high as $1,500. One of or something between these prices will suit you, as long as they fulfill your needs.
Enhance Your Riding Journey with a Conversion Kit
Are you an experienced cyclist seeking an affordable and improved riding experience? Then, you'll benefit greatly from electric bike conversion kits. If you feel sentimental about your old bike or think it's still in good shape, you can simply upgrade it by attaching the parts from the conversion kit.
With a new motor, pedal assistance, and controls, you can enjoy a better ride without spending too much or learning a new bike from scratch. And if you're looking for the best electric bicycle conversion kit, the Ebikeling 48V 1200W is a good choice. It has fundamental parts with plenty of room for customization. You can surely achieve the bike that you'll love to hop on!
Read More Bike Reviews on CycleBuddy
That's all for this conversion kit review! Thanks for reading, and here's to hoping the article serves as a useful buying guide for you.
Meanwhile, you can also check out other product buying guides and reviews on our site. Here's a preview of what you can find:
- Articles about different bikes like a mountain bike, a road bike, or a dirt bike
- Information about bike accessories like bike racks, helmets, and other apparel
- Different types of conversion kit motors like mid-drive motor, rear wheel motor, or front wheel motor
- Bike technologies such as a torque sensor, a cadence sensor, and more
- Other brands of bike conversion kits, from Bafang to Rubbee X
- Bike comparisons (e.g., ordinary bike vs. electric bike)
- Legal and safe cycling rules and regulations
Just navigate the blog categories and search for any bike-related concern. Here's to safe, fun, and beautiful rides ahead!