One of the best ways to get around places is by bike. Biking requires no gas and very little maintenance, making it an eco-friendly and cost-effective mode of transportation. But beyond being good for the environment and your wallet, biking can also be great for your health and productivity.
It's no surprise that technology has made its way onto bicycles. So, if you want to track your progress and enhance your cycling experience, the Bontrager RIDEtime Elite Cycling Computer is a great tool.
This reliable and easy-to-use device is perfect for anyone who wants to stay on top of their biking journey. Take your ride to the next level by exploring the uses and capabilities of this essential piece of cycling equipment.
Bontrager RIDEtime Elite Cycling Computer: A Closer Look
The Bontrager RIDEtime Elite Cycling Computer is a handy tool with many amazing features. Take a closer look at each one before deciding that it's the right fit for you.
- Weight: Bontrager's new bike computer is worth it, considering its 27-gram weight. It's also simple to install and remove, so you can bring it when you go out.
- Transmission Frequency: If you want the most accurate and data-rich experience, the Bontrager bike computer has a 2.4-GHz transmission frequency to calculate your location, speed, power, and cadence.
- Bluetooth Max Power: If you're looking for a way to track all that data without having to fumble with your phone while biking, this nifty little gadget has a Bluetooth maximum power of <6 dBm ANT+. As a result, it can collect all the data on your health tracker.
- Operating Power: Have you ever stopped to think about how much power you're generating as you ride? It won’t be such a mystery now since Bontrager's bike computer is a great tool for cyclists of all levels. It has an operating power of 3 VDC, making it perfect for those who want to track their speed, distance, and time.
- Battery: Bontrager's line of bike computers includes models with a coin battery to power the device. The coin battery is a CR2032, which you can find on various electronic devices. If the battery runs out of power, you can replace it with a new one. Before you ride, double-check your configurations to ensure they're still completely right.
- Easy to Read: If you are in the middle of chasing the sun, the Bontrager RIDEtime computer can help. You can easily monitor your transitions with its 2″ easy-to-read screen combined with a programmable backlight.
- Automatic Start/Stop System: If cycle tracking is not your cup of tea, the Bontrager speedometer features automated start/stop, auto clear, and auto light settings, as well as programmable, hands-free scan options.
- 3-in-1 Single-Unit Display: More than the monitor size, this bike equipment also comes with a customizable tri-field display that lets you see all the functions at once (speed, cadence, heart rate, and power).
- Command Prompt: Before you can play with the Bontrager bike computer setup, it displays Trek Certified Service reminders based on your selected bicycle type.
- Health Tracking Ability: If you want to stay on top of your fitness goals, the Bontrager elite computer is a valuable tool. Aside from displaying the distance (trip and total) and the time (clock and timer), it shows you the calories you burned from your outdoor cycling adventure.
- Installation-Friendly: Bontrager includes a sleek-out front mount for navigational devices like bike computers and the ultimate integration system like Blendr.
- ANT+ Sensor: The Advanced and Adaptive Network Technology (ANT) is a wireless protocol that can simultaneously read data from the bike computer’s cadence, heart rate, and power sensors in real time.
Strengths of Bontrager
If you're searching the market for a new bike computer, you might be wondering what sets Bontrager apart from the rest. Here's a look at some of the key highlights that make the RIDEtime Elite bike computer a great choice for cyclists.
- Make Adjustments: As the bike computer tracks things like distance, speed, and time, you will understand your biking escapade better and make adjustments as needed. You can see where you've been and plan future routes with its capabilities.
- Improve Your Performance: The information that the monitoring equipment releases can be very helpful in determining whether you need to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout over time. Moreover, this data can help you decide whether or not it's time to upgrade your equipment.
- Easy Navigation: If you need directions to get somewhere, this device’s built-in GPS technology will give them to you right away. You won’t have to wait around looking up maps or trying to figure out where you are.
- Stay Motivated: Any avid cyclist knows the importance of staying motivated on long rides. Bontrager's line of bike computers like the Bontrager Node 2.1 bike computer can do just that by tracking your progress and giving you measurable results to strive for.
Areas for Improvement
Bontrager RIDEtime Elite Cycling Computer is a great model and has most of the features you need to monitor your performance. However, like any other piece of technology, it also comes with some disadvantages.
- Requires Additional Purchase: To complete the kit, you should buy an ANT speed sensor or combo sensor, including the DuoTrap S or Interchange Combo Sensor, separately.
- Doesn’t Offer One-Size-Fits-All Option: You need to reset the bike computer before you mount it on another bike. This inconvenience can be a bit of a disadvantage if you love to go on adventures with different bicycles.
- Distance Accuracy: Bike computers are particularly notorious for being unreliable sometimes, especially when it comes to distance calculations. If you're trying to figure out how far you've gone or how fast you're heading, this can be aggravating.
Track Your Biking Goals with Bontrager
The Bontrager RIDEtime Elite is a great bike computer to consider, with all its bells and whistles. It makes your ride as enjoyable as possible while helping you stay on track with your goals. If you want to improve your biking experience, it’s easier than ever to make those changes and see results with the help of this bike computer.
Is Bontrager RIDEtime Elite not for you? Read our other buying guides and reviews for more bike computer recommendations. Don’t miss out and get the best bike equipment today!