Cycling is a great way to see the world. If you're looking for a bike that allows you to cover more distance with less effort, then an electric bike might be right for you. Electric bikes are environmentally-friendly transportation that can take the strain out of traveling long distances. They're great for people who want to enjoy a leisurely bike ride without breaking a sweat.
However, buying a brand-new electric bike seems impractical when you already have a regular bike. Well, we’ve got good news for you because you can convert your regular bike to an e-bike! You just need to attach a motor to your existing bike’s tire with an e-bike conversion kit and upgrade your gear and accessories!
Electric Bike Conversion Kit with Battery: Our Top 4 Picks
Let’s explore the best electric bike conversion kit with a battery for sale through this round-up. By doing so, you can transform your regular bike into a speedy ride and explore new destinations. You won’t ever have to worry about the time and effort it takes to get there.
BAFANG BBS02B 48V 750W Electric Bike Conversion Kit
- The BAFANG BBS02B is a mid-drive conversion kit, which you can install on your bike’s center. It’s a good motor for commuting, and a better one for cycling off-road.
- Its 48V 750W configuration allows you to cycle at 45 km/h (28 mph) on flat land and crest hills.
- It has a 961/965 LCD display that shows your speed, real-time power, ambient temperature, battery level, and pedal assist.
- It has a programmability function that lets you make setting changes to the motor’s parameters. This feature includes pedal assist behavior, maximum power, speed limit, and throttle behavior settings.
- It has a torque that reaches up to 120N.m. This feature helps your bike pull boulders and propel further.
- It offers an easy installation process. You won’t need to replace your wheels upon installation, and you can connect its e-bike brake sensors directly to your bike’s existing brakes.
- It costs more than other electric bike conversion kits.
- The controllers are configured conservatively, so their mechanism’s proper function can sometimes fail. This configuration can result in a slower speed, riding noise, and sensor abnormalities.
- Periodic maintenance is strictly necessary because its motors can be too powerful for regular bikes. You can experience drivetrain troubles caused by worn-out chains and cassettes without it.
EBIKELING Waterproof EBike Conversion Kit
- EBIKELING Waterproof E-Bike Conversion Kit’s 500-watt motor allows you to travel 40 km/h (25 mph). It’s subtle enough for commuting but also powerful enough for off-road adventures.
- It’s a waterproof electric bike conversion kit with battery and charger. Thus, separately purchasing the electric bike battery pack and charger wouldn’t be one of your worries.
- It includes a wheel kit, motor, controller, sensors, LCD display, and the other components needed for installation. Its hub motor is also already attached to the aluminum double-walled rim so that you can mount it instantly.
- It gives you options to use either a half-twist or a thumb throttle and a front or a rear mount.
- You can also cycle without using the throttle because it has a pedal-assist sensor that helps lessen the burden of cycling long distances.
- It doesn’t come with a tire, so you must purchase one separately.
- It’s not recommended for heavy-duty applications, such as cycling on steep hills or long, gravel roads.
NBPower 20"/24"/26" 48V 750W Electric Bike Fat Tire Conversion Kit
- NBPower Electric Bike Fat Tire Conversion Kit‘s 48V 750W configuration allows you to cycle 45 km/h (28 mph).
- Its maximum loading is 150kgs. Thus, you can carry a load without worrying about your speed.
- The fat-tire electric bike conversion kit has wheel design options for sizes from 20 to 29 inches and has sturdy double-wall alloy rims.
- Its LCD display allows you to check the speed, range, five pedal-assist levers, time, and more.
- You can choose from a thumb or twist throttle, so you can use whatever is convenient for you.
- It also has a 25A smart controller and two brake levers, which you can both use to turn off the power.
- It’s only compatible with bikes that have a rear fork distance of 170-175mm.
- It doesn’t have a feature that supports regenerative braking.
AW 26"x1.75" Rear Wheel 48V 1000W Electric Bicycle Motor Kit
- The AW Rear-Wheel E-Bike Conversion Kit has a 48V 1000W configuration. Thus, you can cycle at the speed of roughly 56km/h (35mph) on flat land. Cycling through slopes will be easier for you with this speed.
- It has an LCD system, where you can see the battery level, current speed, distance covered, and gear levels.
- It has a thumb throttle for simpler speed and acceleration control. With an effortless hand movement, you can get the extra help you need when cycling on uphill roads.
- It also includes an aluminum alloy wheelset that offers durability and stability.
- Its brake levers automatically turn the e-bike motor off upon usage of hand brakes. This mechanism is a great feature for battery power conservation and improved safety.
- With its pedal-assist system, you can continue cycling at your own pace even when the motor is running.
- Its dual-mode motor controller helps prolong its life. This feature enables the motor to function from hall effect to no-hall effect if its hall components break down.
- The tires included in the kit are not recommended for off-road cycling. Thus, you’ll need to purchase higher-quality tires for a better off-road experience.
- The thumb throttle system becomes extra sensitive when the pedal-assist system is used.
- You may be required to install protective tape around the tire tubes because it’s possible to puncture them during the installation process.
Transforming your regular bike into an e-bike has never been easier. Just remember that you need to choose whether a front hub motor, rear hub motor, or mid-drive motor is most compatible with your bike. Before buying a kit, you should also consider the wattage, sensors, controllers, and accessories. Check out this buying guide for more information on choosing the best conversion kit for your road bike!
When you’re ready to purchase an electric bike conversion kit with a battery, Amazon can help you get the best deals for a seamless e-bike conversion! Shop now!