Kids these days will try out anything under the sun to avoid getting bored. So instead of getting them stuck in the house, staring in front of the television, and pushing buttons on their video games, let them play outside. And to make their time outdoors more fun, you can let them glide into the streets with a sweet ride. Make it more exciting with a kid’s scooter. Instead of bikes, bring the old school back and into the neighborhood.
In this article, we’re rounding up our top picks on kid-friendly scooters to help you choose the best one. It's time to bring out your old ride from the shed and get your kid one for the most outdoor fun time.
Our Top Picks: 4 Kid-Friendly Scooters Your Kids Can Ride
Isn’t it amazing feeling the cold air in your face and the thump of your heart as you kick your scooters around the neighborhood? You can pass this experience on to your kids, too, and turn it into a good bonding activity. You’ll find an electric bike for kids ages 10-16 available in the market, but if you want to opt for a safe ride, we've picked out the best scooters for your child.
Check them out here and pick one for your next outdoor adventure.
Razor E100 Electric Scooter
Let’s start with something a little more high-tech than a standard kick scooter—the Razor E100 is an electric scooter powered by a motor and torque. It’s a good first choice if you need a little more speed.
- The product is designed for your kids, and it's beginner-friendly. Kids ages 8 and up can ride this scooter safely. The build is sturdy, and the deck is wide enough to accommodate larger kids.
- The scooter comes with a 100-watt and high torque that can run up to 10 miles per hour on top speed. The scooter has a single speed, making it safe for your kids to ride.
- The scooter has two 12-volt batteries and can run up to 1 hour of continuous use. It also has an installed hand brake, so you can stop your ride easily instead of creating friction with your foot against the ground.
- The scooter has an all-steel frame which makes it perfect for tough and rugged rides. It also comes with pneumatic wheels that dampen vibrations from rough rides.
- The scooter’s battery life is low, so you can only use the scooter’s electric assist for a short time. In addition, it has a sealed lead battery which means it's not swappable.
- Some users report that the batteries malfunction. For example, after 24 hours of charging, the scooter doesn't even run for half an hour, and some charging ports reportedly burn after weeks of use.
Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
This scooter will make your kids look like they’re sporting a BMX bike. With this scooter's excellent build and design, your kids will surely enjoy cruising along bumpy pavements.
- The scooter features a BMX-style handlebar for easy control and steering. The scooter also has a freestyle handlebar rotor and axle pegs that allow basic tricks.
- It boasts a wide foot deck, making balancing easy for your kids. It's also sturdy and has a weight capacity of up to 220 pounds.
- The frame material is alloy steel which makes the bike robust and lightweight—easy even for smaller kids to push around. Additionally, the wheels have excellent traction and provide stability even on wet terrains.
- A motor does not power the Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter. This ride is a traditional scooter that needs kicking force to move. As a result, your kids may find it tiring to use.
- This scooter is recommended for taller kids. However, some users report that the kids have difficulty pulling the brakes or the handlebar is too high for comfortable steering.
REDLIRO Big Wheel Scooter for Teens
You can find an electric dirt bike kids ages 10-16 can drive legally on the street. But if you think it's still too risky to have them ride their bike, maybe this big-wheeled scooter is more to your preference. This scooter is specially made for your teenage kids who want something that suits their age.
- The REDLIRO big wheel scooter has a folding mechanism, lending to its portability. It takes no more than three seconds to assemble and disassemble it. So it’s convenient for you to carry around and keep in a small storage space.
- The scooter has a lightweight aluminum frame that's also durable and resistant to rust and corrosion. You can easily lift the scooter or even sling it behind your back like a bag when you're not using it.
- The scooter features polyurethane tires which can withstand wear and tear on difficult roads. This scooter also has an installed suspension system that dampens vibration on rugged roads to make your rides comfortable and smooth.
- Some users report that the scooter would bend or collapse under the weight of the heavy rider. If the rider is over a hundred pounds, steering is difficult, and the wheels stay locked in place.
- Some users also report that the folding mechanism of the scooter is loose and folds while riding, which can cause accidents. This incident may be a defective product and does not hold for all models of this scooter.
Joycruise Dual Suspension Adult Scooter
This top-caliber scooter is best for kids aged ten years old and up and adults looking for an everyday ride. It has big wheels that give them smoother rides and an adjustable handlebar to configure the height of the steering handle for the most comfortable ride.
- The Joycruise adult scooter's frame is made from upgraded aluminum alloy, which is 30% thicker than other frame materials.
- This scooter is foldable and compact. The package includes a strap so you can carry it around easily.
- The handlebar has three height settings so you can adjust it to where your kids are most comfortable. In addition, the handlebars have non-slip rubber grips for more stable and controlled steering.
- This scooter has a dual suspension system for the most comfortable ride on a scooter. It also has polyurethane wheels that lessen the vibration you receive on bumpy roads.
- The scooter has a rear brake. Unfortunately, some kids may be unfamiliar with this type of brake, making it hard to stop the ride.
- This scooter is expensive compared to other scooters. This product costs over 100 dollars, and it is almost twice the price of other scooters. Those on a budget may opt for another brand.
Scooters: Electric Bike for Kids Version 2.0
If you're looking for a toy where you can guarantee your kids' safety while they can still feel the thrill and the fun, these scooters are the ones you’re looking for. We hope this list helps you choose the best scooter for your fun-loving kids. And if you decide your kids are ready for more action, you can always browse through our bike reviews for an electric dirt bike for kids ages 10-16.