As a parent, your passion for riding can easily be passed on to your child. Even at the early age of 3, your little one can develop an interest in motorcycles. So, where does this spark of curiosity come from? Who knows? Maybe from watching you tinkering your bike and riding it afterward? Or maybe from hearing you speak about it or the endless Youtube videos you and your kid watch. Well, wherever your child's interest in riding comes from, the question to ask is— how will you support it?
For parents who see their past selves in the eyes of their toddlers, naturally, they will fuel their child's passion in any way they can. But motorcycle riding is a dangerous hobby to the younger generation, especially 2.5ft to 4ft tall little riders. Luckily, bikes like the Harley Davidson electric balance bike exist that fit for child use.
Balance bikes are practice bikes for children with little to zero experience maneuvering a two-wheeled vehicle. They can hop on and start zooming into the distance without pedaling since these bikes use a twist throttle that the child can use to control the speed. With this feature, they would learn a little bit of what it's like to drive a big motorcycle in the future. These electric-powered bikes can help your child understand your passion while simultaneously having fun on their own.
Harley Davidson has three models for the Harley Davidson Balance Bike series that your child might enjoy. They have IRONe12, IRONe16, and BRUSHLESS IRONe16. Find out which model fits your child best.
IRONe12 Electric Balance Bike
The IRONe12 Harley Balance Bike is meant for younger riders ages 3-5 years old. These frames can accommodate 75 lbs or 34 kg in weight with an inseam of 14-18''.
- The frame weighs 17 lbs or 7.7 kg. It is lightweight and easy for your child to lift.
- Has ultra-low adjustable seat height, so the small feet can touch the ground. The bike seat can be adjusted up to 13'' in height.
- Quick battery change. Charge time is 30-60 minutes with 180Vnom and 2Ah.
- The fastest speed full-throttle is 9 mph.
- The child can easily outgrow the bike.
IRONe16 Electric Balance Bike
This model is the most reviewed one on Youtube. The IRONe16 Harley Electric Bike is meant for younger riders ages 5-7 years old. This bike frame can accommodate 75 lbs or 34 kg in weight but with an inseam of 18-24''.
- The frame is also lightweight and easy for your child to lift, with 19 lbs or 8.6 kg weight.
- Ultra-low adjustable seat, so the small feet can touch the ground. The bike seat can be adjusted up to 17'' in height.
- Quick battery change. Charge time is 30-60 minutes with 180Vnom and 4Ah.
- The fastest speed full-throttle is 11 mph.
The BRUSHLESS IRONe16 Harley Davidson e-Bike has the same specs as IRONe16, with a few differences for the more advanced riders.
- The same specs with IRONe16.
- The fastest speed full-throttle is 13 mph.
- The tires are now brushless for that clean look.
- They are more expensive for roughly the same model as IRONe16.
The models make for a fun and learning experience for your kids. However, it's far from being the perfect road companion for them. They have some advantages and disadvantages you need to keep in mind. Here is a quick list of pros and cons we gathered from users.
- Easy installation.
- Short battery charge time.
- Easy pull-out battery.
- Allows fun and safe rides for the children.
- No color options.
- Short use time for kids. Play-time is cut short. After 1-2 hours of use, the batteries need to be charged.
- Occasional fuse problem.
Childhood is the time to have fun, learn, and make as many memories as they can. Give them an experience that they can recall in the future with a smile. Fuel your child's passion from their early years with the Harley Davidson Electric Balance Bike series.