As an avid cyclist, riding on a lane extends your personality and lifestyle. You always find yourself looking for new opportunities to explore and expand your horizons while getting out on two wheels. From weekend camping trips to mountain biking, hitting the road is an adventure for you.
Your bucket list of places to visit is still long, and you're relying on your car to get you to those far places. In that case, you need a good car rack system to take all of your biking gears. If you're undecided where to begin, this guide will point you to the best hatchback car rack options for every kind of rig.
Keep reading and make your next ride even better.
Buyer's Guide: Our 4 Best Hatchback Car Bike Rack
A bike rack for your car is essential to take your two-wheeled explorations to the next level. We've rounded up some of the best bike racks for a hatchback car available on Amazon. Check it out below!
1. Allen Sports Deluxe Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
The Allen Sports 102DN Deluxe Two-Bike Carrier is made to match up in general vehicles like minivans or SUVs. Its one-of-a-kind design does its job to carry your bike safely on an adventure.
- This best and first hatchback car rack on our list has side straps for added lateral support.
- The single configuration design minimizes troubles during installation.
- It can keep bicycles secured and protected through individual tie-downs.
- A padded lower frame can also keep your bicycles away from vehicles.
- Its 12-inch carry arms readily accept a wide range of bicycle styles and 115 inches wide carry arms for more bike compatibility.
- Item Dimension: 23.03 x 13.58 x 3.94 inches
- Item Weight: 4 kilograms
- Material: Alloy steel
- Color: Black
- Style: 2-Bike
- This rear rack doesn't leave scratches with the help of pads.
- It can hold two bikes.
- The bike rack does not prevent the trunk from opening.
- It's very compact and can also fit well inside the car trunk.
- The racks usually wobble on bumpy highways.
2. Vibrelli Electric Bike Hitch Rack
The V70 Sportbike hitch rack is a bulky rack that can accommodate many types of bikes, including ebikes. If you're interested about its quality, below are some of our preferred and least preferred features.
- The bike hitch rack can transport two bikes up to 130 lbs each.
- Its wheel cradles can serve any bike tire effective up to 5” in width.
- The ratchet straps keep the wheels from scratching the rims or damaging the tires.
- The bike is equipped with three locking systems that provide extra security for your bikes.
- You can enjoy a rattle-free adventure with its patented Anti-Wobble Hitch that helps reduce any movement when bringing the bike.
- For 2" Hitch Receivers: SUVs, cars, pickups only with 12" ground clearance from bottom of hitch.
- Max Load: 130 lb.
- Bike type: Mountain, road, ebikes, fat-tire bikes
- Design: Easy tilt-down and fold-up
- Universal Cradles: 5" wide
- Item weight: 44.3 pounds
- It folds up nicely and is neat.
- It's very lightweight.
- The rack is easy to assemble.
- It's incredibly sturdy.
- It is also very easy to load and unload.
- There is no side-to-side movement once the lock is tightened.
- Not for Class B vehicles like RVs and Motorhomes.
- The weld rusts easily.
3. WEIZE Hitch Bike Rack for Car
The Weize Platform hitch bike rack offers unrivaled versatility and ease of use for whatever adventures you have. We have sought out some helpful reviews about using this hitch mount rack.
- The platform bike rack is reinforced steel, making it sturdy and strong enough to support two 60-pound bikes.
- Compared to a roof rack, the hitch mount bike rack can spare you up to 30% on fuel costs by minimizing wind resistance.
- The trailer hitch bike rack comes with a foam-padded clamp and a hitch tightener to keep your bike from swinging and scratching your car's paintwork.
- The tilting feature enables access to the rear of your vehicle even when stacked with bikes.
- The bike rack is constructed with essential security locks for your bike.
- Max. Weight Capacity: 120 lbs.
- Max. Tire Width: 5 in.
- Wheel Size Range: 17-29 in.
- Wheelbase Range: 30-4/5~63-1/3in
- Product Weight: 38.54lbs
- The anti-wobble device is as effective as advertised.
- It holds the bike fine even if it's beyond the capacity.
- The rack isn't suitable for a swing-out tailgate.
4. SEASUCKER Talon Single Bike Rack
With the SEASUCKER single bike rack, you can effortlessly enjoy cycling wherever the path takes you. This single trunk bike rack is ideal for solo or weekend camping adventures. Check out other features and specifications below.
- The SeaSucker rack has been put through its paces in the toughest courses and circuits.
- It’s very handy, since you can fit it in a backpack or bicycle bag.
- The vacuum mounts of this model can draw over 210 pounds, ensuring the safety of your road or mountain bike.
- You can install it in seconds with no effort and operate it on a wide range of vehicles.
- Weight: Approx. 6 pounds
- Material: Metal
- Loading Capacity: Secures one bicycle up to 45 pounds
- Hook Feature: Anti-scratch, Rubber-coated
- Versatility: It can connect directly to the hatchback and other parts of the car such as roof, trunk, or truck bed.
- It fits any car.
- The push-button pump is easy to use.
- It's very portable from vehicle to vehicle.
- It comes with excellent suction during long drives.
- It's much quieter than traditional bike racks.
- There is a slight blemish of the wax/clear coat from the cups.
We hope you're inspired to get out and explore some new routes. The four racks featured above are all excellent options for your adventure. Each has its own unique benefits and drawbacks that may or may not appeal to you during the journey.
It can be tough finding the right product, so remember to consider your budget, the type of vehicle you have, and how often you plan to use the rack when making your decision.
For more bike gears and reviews, feel free to explore our blog. We've got articles and reviews for all of your biking needs, so check out our selection before heading out on your next great biking expedition.