Are you seeking an off-road venture with a dirt bike? You know it can be intimidating and dangerous if you're a novice rider, so you’d want to start small. Naturally, an electric adult dirt bike comes to mind.
Many benefits make electric dirt bikes an excellent choice for beginner off-road cyclists. First of all, they release zero motorcycle emissions. That also means they're cheaper, more low-maintenance, and more child-friendly than petrol-powered options. Furthermore, they have silent engines.
With a good electric dirt bike, you can surely ease into the world of off-road riding for your first venture. If you're ready to get one, here are four adult dirt e-bikes at $1,000 and below that are powerful, lightweight, and easy to control.
Find Your Venture Vehicle: 4 Electric Dirt Bikes for Adults Priced at $1,000 and Below
As an off-road novice, you want to buy an adult dirt bike that won't overwhelm you and require you to spend more than $1,000. We've written about four dirt bikes that are high-quality and affordable.
Check out our roundup below, ranked from lowest to highest rate!
1: Razor MX500 Electric Dirt Rocket Bike
Here's a popular brand known for budget-friendly and efficient dirt bikes. The Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket is a mini electric motocross bike, which is good news if you're up for a venture without breaking the bank.
- Dual suspension: An excellent option for smoother and more effective trail shock absorption.
- Adjustable riser handlebars: Provides comfortable and solid grips.
- Fast top speed: A bike that can speed up to 15 mph, leaving similar bikes in its dust.
- Twist-grip throttle: Achieve greater acceleration control, even in wet conditions.
- Dual disc brakes: These hand-operated brakes enhance control and endurance for high-speed bikes.
- Age Range: 14+
- Type of Dirt Bike: Off-road mini e-bike
- Overall Size: 10-12 inches
- Max. Weight: 175 lbs.
- Tire Size: Pneumatic tires (16 in. front and 14 in. rear)
- There are issues with the short battery life.
- The rear wheel can wear out fast.
2: Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket E-Bike
Everyone just can't get enough of Razor bikes, so here's another one but with greater speed and efficiency. If you prefer yellow to red, the Razor MX650 is perfect for getting you that retro minibike look!
- Supercross-inspired design: This high-performance electric motorcycle resembles a cool Supercross dirt bike.
- Dual suspension: An excellent option for smoother rides against road shocks.
- Adjustable riser handlebars: Allows comfortable and solid grips.
- Great top speed: This bike can run up to 17 mph.
- Twist-grip throttle: Acquire excellent bike control, even in wet weather conditions.
- Hand-operated dual disc brakes: Enhance brake control and endurance at high speeds.
- Age Range: 16+
- Type of Dirt Bike: Off-road minibike
- Overall Size: 24.5 x 34 x 52.5 inches
- Max. Weight: 220 lbs.
- Tire Size: Pneumatic tires (16 in. front and 14 in. rear)
- This isn't ideal for racing.
- The battery life is short (40 mins) and may still be shorter depending on the riding surface.
- It's a small bike for some.
3: Burromax TT350R Mini Dirt Bike
Now, let's tackle a dirt bike closer to the thousand-dollar range. The Burromax TT350R Electric Mini Dirt Bike is the brand's best-selling e-bike for kids and adults, and we'll enumerate the features to find out why.
- 2 speed modes: Choose between 8 or 17 mph to find your most comfortable and safest off-road ride.
- Lithium-ion battery: This promotes better bike performance and longer battery life than other batteries.
- Faster charge time: This game-changing dirt bike needs only 3 to 3.5 hours of charge time!
- 17 mph top speed: An average speed for off-road leisure. This can change depending on your weight and experience.
- Full suspension: The e-bike uses a telescopic front fork and adjustable rear suspension for a super smooth ride.
- Twist-grip throttle with hand-operated disc brake: Enhance dirt bike control, especially in wet conditions.
- Age Range: Kids and adults (no age specifications available)
- Type of Dirt Bike: Mini dirt bike
- Overall Size: 43.3 x 11 x 24.8 inches
- Overall Weight: 50.7 lbs (considerably lightweight)
- Max. Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- This bike is quite expensive if you compare it to its popular competitors like Razor.
- The tires, chains, and clip connectors aren't that durable, but you can quickly fix them with professional help.
4: Hiland Rockshark Rockm005 Fat Tire Electric Bike
The final item on our list hits the $1,000 range. If you prefer a different dirt bike for a pleasant ride on tough trails, the Hiland Rockshark Trail Bike is a good option.
- 350W 36V motor: The brushless geared hub electric motor gives a powerful, sufficient pedal boost on steeper hills.
- Rechargeable and detachable battery: This high-performance 36V/10.4Ah lithium-ion battery can take the ride up to 50 miles. Charging requires 4 to 6 hours.
- Lock-out suspension fork: The adjustable dual-suspension allows for smoother rides, while the lock-out system saves energy and increases speed.
- 3 drive modes: Choose among Cadence Sensing Pedal Assist, Walk Mode, or Trigger Throttle to get the pedal assistance you need.
- LED headlights and taillights: If you don't fancy the typical dirt bike without lights, choose this hardtail electric mountain bike for safe night rides.
- High maximum speed: This isn't a bike for racing, but it can take you as fast as 25 mph in pedal-assist mode. Naturally, this changes depending on the rough terrain, weight, and mode.
- Age Range: Adults
- Type of Dirt Bike: Electric hardtail MT
- Bike Weight: 46 lbs
- Max. Load Capacity: 275 lbs
- Tire Size: 3 options (26, 27.5, and 29 inches)
- Gearing System: Shimano 7-speed shifter
- The handlebar is not adjustable.
- There is a durability issue with the bottom bracket.
- Some think it's overpriced for what it offers.
3 Additional Tips for Newbie Dirt Bike Riders
Now that we've looked at bike options, it's time for some tips to ensure you'll have a pleasant first experience with a dirt bike.
1) Know the Things to Check in a Dirt Bike
When you're just starting, it's best to know what to look for in a dirt bike to determine if it's a good fit. This is especially important for online purchases.
- Bike type: Are you riding a bike for motocross or trail?
- Bike size: Find a comfortable bike that makes reaching parts easy.
- Tire size: Dirt bikes have a large front and small rear wheel for fast and smooth navigation.
- Engine displacement (cubic centimeters): Dirt bikes with a higher CC value denote more power.
- Experience over age: Consider riding skills over age. Most dirt bikes fit a young rider and an adult, while others learn at their own pace.
2) Be Aware of Regulations
When you get a new bike, the first thing that might come to mind is: "Are electric dirt bikes legal on the road?" Depending on the state and country, the law may or may not require a license. So make sure you are aware of that before hopping on your new venture electric vehicle.
The federal law, for instance, needs an e-bike to set a maximum speed limit of 20 mph to become street legal. Still, specific areas may have different rules, so do your research and comply.
3) Find a Practice Dirt Track
Finding a practice track for your first dirt bike experience is essential. This is where you can safely ride and explore the new electric bicycle without issues. It can be a nearby single track, a hilly area, or an old and flat dirt road.
Take it easy and slow until you have enough confidence to maneuver the bike on more challenging tracks.
Don't Put Your Safety and Pockets at Risk
Electric dirt bikes are becoming more popular as people look for an eco-friendly option to a gas-powered bike. They're environmentally friendly, easy to maintain, and inexpensive. How much is a dirt bike for adults? Well, there's a low and high range for everything, but you can get dirt bikes for less than $1,000!
We reviewed four of the best affordable dirt e-bikes for beginners. What's your pick? If you ask us, we choose the Razor MX650 as the best electric dirt bike! It's not the fastest electric dirt bike, but it's affordable, has a professional design, and is perfect for both kids and adults.
Find more Trek, Schwinn, or Harley Davidson e-bike reviews from our website blog categories. Happy dirt biking!